Annual Friends Campaign
Every year, hundreds of donors make it part of their holiday tradition to support local young people by making a year-end charitable contribution to Boys & Girls Club of Rockford.
Are you charitable during the holidays? If so . . .
Can we count on your support in 2020?
Now more than ever local kids need YOU because of the following reasons (and more):
- Living through a global pandemic as a child isn’t easy
- Remote learning is resulting in countless numbers of students falling further behind and not on track for graduation
- Pre-COVID standardized test scores indicate a vast majority of students don’t meet state standards in English and math (source: ISBE reporting via Rockford Register Star, 10/30/19)
- Many area youth live in poverty or reside in low-income households (source: Illinois Report Card website)
- In 2018, Rockford ranked 11th on “America’s Most Dangerous Cities” with a violent crime rate higher than Chicago (source: https://247wallst.com/)
Yes, COVID-19 has messed everything up in our world, but thankfully YOU have been there for our kids during these unprecedented times.
- YOU provided thousands of healthy meals during the Spring coronavirus quarantine
- YOU provided tutors to help with school assignments and academic support
- YOU helped make our clubhouse facilities safe (e.g. face masks, hand sanitizer, plexiglass shielding, enhanced cleaning/sanitizing, etc)
- YOU helped open Learning Support Centers during the day at three of our clubhouses to help students learning from home access technology and the academic support they require to stay on track
Can we count on your support again in 2020?
You can make your year-end holiday gift now . . .
Simply use the gift processing box on the right side of your screen. Choose your charitable gift amount, click the “Continue” button, and you’ll be asked a few additional questions (including payment information).